Global Workplace Compliance Network
A unique source of information and networking for U.S.-based in-house attorneys and other U.S.-based workplace compliance professionals with responsibility for global employment issues.
The Global Workplace Compliance Network (GWCN) puts members in contact with expertise from around the globe and provides a confidential forum in which they can discuss important topics, such as:
- New legislation and court decisions from around the world
- Regulations regarding international layoffs, relocations, redeployments
- Cross-border compliance
- Managing employment issues across multiple jurisdictions
Through its private website and premium webinar series, the GWCN gives members access to valuable resources from anywhere they have Internet or phone access—at the office, at home, or even on the road. That means members can learn and network with each other without the time or expense of travel.
As part of the annual membership fee, GWCN members enjoy the following privileges:
- Four annual webinars presented by international lawyers and other experts on emerging issues in global workplace compliance
- Periodic updates on international workplace compliance developments
- Virtual roundtables and blogs for network members that spark and facilitate discussion and interaction
- Members-only website providing access to presentations, white papers and other practical, valuable materials from international law experts
GWCN is a partnership between ORC and Fortney & Scott, LLC, a Washington, D.C.-based law firm that advises and assists U.S. employers expanding outside the United States, and advises and counsels foreign-based clients on complying with U.S. workplace laws. For more information about FortneyScott, visit www.fortneyscott.com.
Who Should Join?
If you are a U.S.-based in-house attorney or other U.S.-based workplace compliance professional with responsibility for global employment issues, consider joining GWCN. For more information, e-mail Nita Beecher or call +1-212-852-0436.